Sunday, August 8, 2010

Life Choices

Decisions, decisions... Everyday of our lives we encounter moments when we need to choose and decide on something. There are even times when just what place to eat or what movie to watch would take a long time to arrive at a choice. But what about if it involves major life decisions? Plus add the pressure other people put on you to come up with it with just a snap of a finger.

It's not easy to say what you really want to do in life when you have so many options and these days you can do almost anything. Thinking about the future involves soul searching. There are many things to consider and risks to take. I have always believed in muni-muni. If I were to ask, thinking about things over the weekend is not even enough. There are so many distractions around nowadays that I personally think a long vacation where you would shut off from all the happenings in the world is the perfect way to think things through.

A lot of people ask me what I really want or if I enjoy what I'm doing. Of course I can't give them an answer point blank. Honestly, I still don't know what I want to do. I'm young and I want to live my life. I believe that I don't want to put pressure on myself yet on my future. With regards to loving what I do, it's never constant. Sometimes I love it; sometimes I don't. As Rob Lowe's character in "Brothers & Sisters" said, "I love my work. I hate the crap around it." Aptly put, right? Because sometimes, no matter how you enjoy and know exactly what you're doing, there are people, situations, and things we have no control over that impedes the completion of our task and the success of our project. There are also days when you're in the mood to perform, some of the time you just want to lay low. Also, there will always be something you will look for. We can't have everything that's why we always look for something more or something else.

The fact of life is nothing is constant in this world. We can never say exactly what we really want. In one way or another, we will always change our minds at any point in our lives. And I believe that the only one who should put pressure to one's self is you alone. All others are just guides and influences that one has to take into consideration because at the end of the day, it's your life. You have all the right to live it the way you want to. You are the only one who knows if you are prepared to take a leap and risk everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment